Photo

Photo detail

Morgan Findley, Herndon High School Class of 2008, kept this photograph of herself and Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States. The photo was taken on a field trip Findley took part in as a student in Douglas Graney's political science class. "I will always be indebted and grateful [to him]," Findley writes to the Connection. Graney cites in his book that since he had met Justice O'Connor before this meeting, he was hoping she’d give him a big hello like they were BFFs, so the kids would be impressed. Instead, her first sentence was, "So, what do you kids want to talk about?"

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

‘American Teacher’ from Herndon High

Jimmy’s Old Town Tavern to host book signing and celebration for Douglas Graney’s book on Sunday, Aug. 13, 5-7 p.m.

Comments

charlosjohn12 2 months ago

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Protection Germany

charlosjohn12 1 month, 4 weeks ago

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. link

charlosjohn12 1 month, 3 weeks ago

i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future.. miranda lambert weight loss

Madison 3 weeks ago

I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... official-military-art.com

aileen123 2 weeks, 4 days ago

read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers.clickfunnels review

aileen123 2 weeks, 3 days ago

Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. High Risk Payment processing

willieramirez 1 week ago

I enjoy a person's posting. Its fine to check out you actually explain in words with the soul plus resolution during this vital matter is often without difficulty viewed. Total Curve Vs Breast Actives

willieramirez 5 days, 19 hours ago

Everyone loves many of the discussions, I actually experienced, I'd prefer additional information in regards to this, for the reason that it is awesome., With thanks to get spreading. Best Legal Steroids 2017 for Cutting and Ripped Body