- Taking a Fantasy Flight to the North Pole from Northern Virginia 0 comments
- Updated List of Shelters for the Homeless 0 comments
- Fairfax: Holidays Come to City Concerts, Plays, Santa and S’mores 0 comments
- Reston: South Lakes High Track Athlete Signs with Air Force Academy 0 comments
- Herndon: Tough Underground Work Underway on Silver Line Phase 2 0 comments
- Herndon: So Much Fun Packed Into One Day 0 comments
- Taking a Fantasy Flight to the North Pole from Northern Virginia
- Updated List of Shelters for the Homeless
- Herndon: Tough Underground Work Underway on Silver Line Phase 2
- Herndon: So Much Fun Packed Into One Day
- Herndon: The Giving Circle of HOPE Celebrates Million Dollar Milestone
- Reston: Seahawks Advance to Region Semifinals
- Herndon Turkey Trot Race a Success
- From the Beginning to the End
- Dragon Boating
- Herndon’s Gary Hall Resigns as Boys’ Basketball Head Coach
- Editorial: Holidays Are for Giving
- Reject the Meals Tax
- Partnership to Prevent and End Homelessness Supports Meals Tax
- American Elections: French Perspective
- Column: No to the Meals Tax
- Herndon Receives First Application for ‘Metro’ Area Redevelopment
- Herndon: Volunteering on Election Night
- Herndon Honors Veterans
- Herndon Has High Turnout; Mayor Wins Re-Election
- Comstock Wins 10th District Race
- Herndon: Viewpoints A Thanksgiving Tradition Continues Strong at Herndon Elementary
- Herndon: Citizen Committee Rejects Cellphone Tower Next to Crossfield Elementary
- Fairfax County: FCPS Testing Water Quality in Schools
- Fairfax County: School Board Formalizes Search for New Superintendent
- Fairfax County: Garza FCPS Departure Impacts Stuart Name Change Working Group
NVRC has updated the list of shelters for the homeless, drop in centers and winter shelters in the region: Visit http://www.novaregion.org/index.aspx?NID=174
Musical extravaganza, ‘Christmas Undercover,’ takes the stage.
“It’s a really cute plot with a detective feel to it, plus Santa Claus,” said Director Raynor van der Merwe. “There’s a strong storyline that sets up beautiful vocal and dance numbers that further tell the story. It’s a very entertaining show for the whole family. For two hours, the youngest to the oldest will be transported to a different world.”
The festivities will continue at Reston Town Center throughout December.
“Every year they take a break from telling the elves what to do and what to make to come out here and say a hello,” said Goff. “Santa and Mrs. Claus, we are so glad that you came to help us light our tree once again.”
Beth Hoyos, 47, of Reston helps father and daughter escape a sinking car that crashed into Lake Anne.
“I didn’t stop to think about it,” she says. “The guy said his daughter was in the car and he didn’t know how to swim. There was really no conscience choice. The only thing I really remember thinking at the time was, ‘Should I leave my boots on or take my boots off.’ The rest of it was sort of an autopilot: go in, make sure they’re OK and get them out.”
South Lakes (11-1) to face Lake Braddock (11-1), the top-ranked team in the state.
With less than two minutes to play, it appeared the Seahawks had made an improbable comeback to advance to the region semifinals. After falling behind 14-0, they had scored three unanswered touchdowns. But the Wildcats pulled off a miraculous 75-yard flea-flicker bomb for a score with 1:25 remaining, stunning South Lakes and pulling Centreville to within 22-20.